Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 25th 2010, 2:31 am

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=582000&showcomments=true

It seems like everybody has something to say about Suri Cruise wearing lipstick and high heels, and now it's 3-year-old Shiloh Jolie Pitt's turn under the toddler fashion microscope... for dressing like a tomboy!

After Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's little girl was spotted wearing a bowler hat and tie recently, the press went a bit nuts, with one headline even asking, "Do Brad & Angelina Want To Turn Shiloh Into A Boy?"

At the opposite end of the scale from Suri's fancy designer dresses and grown up footwear, Shiloh is more often than not dressed in "boyish" clothes like jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts.

The princess and the tomboy: Suri Cruise (left) is often criticised for her "grown up" outfits.
"Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie sending the wrong message to Shiloh by often dressing her up like a little boy?" asked Us Weekly recently.

"No," say the experts. Apparently Shiloh chooses her own outfits, which means there's nothing messed up about her wanting to dress like her brothers.

"It's quite healthy, as she is learning to make choices and think independently," psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert tells Us Magazine. Well duh. We didn't need a psychotherapist to tell us that.

But apparently we need yet another psychotherapist to assess the "femininity" of Shiloh's fashion choices...

Carol Tuttle, psychotherapist and author of Dressing Your Truth-Real Beauty for Real Women, says Shiloh's style is "similar to a look Avril Lavigne made popular, and we still felt Avril's feminine nature coming through."

Feminine nature? She's three!

The kid went through a stage where she only wanted to be called John, and now she likes to wear jeans. Maybe she's a bit of a Chastity Bono, or maybe she just doesn't like pink frilly things. Either way, who the hell judges a three-year-old on their fashion choices?

Shiloh, we say stick it to the psychotherapists and wear a He-Man costume next time you go shopping with your mum!
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 25th 2010, 4:50 am

omg why r they picking on how a 3yr old dresses, she's a kid they should just let them be kids
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 25th 2010, 2:10 pm

OMG that is terrible!! Let her be herself. She needs to be left alone as does suri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 26th 2010, 3:00 am

oh seriously who cares.

Kayla has a pirate dress (that I made). a boat dress (that I made) and a dinosaur dress (that i'm making).

who cares if she's not gender specific. She's a kid, just let her have fun.
Back to top Go down
yummy mummy
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 26th 2010, 3:41 pm

gee what will they think of next....

not all girls like to wear dresses, i know as an adult im not into dress's and girly clothes...

she is 3 she will be fine its jeans and a jacket and gee....
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 26th 2010, 3:45 pm

honestly if caitlin was famous what would tehy say about her. She has two sisters and no brothers. Wears her hair short (her choice not mine) owns no dresses or skirts or girls clothes or anything pink. Wears jeans or shirts (all blue denim) and her shirts are black ben 10 or lego. Her peejays are ben 10 (inluding boxer shorts) and her shoes are ben 10. FFS let the kid be a kid.

BTW caitlin buys her own clothes NONE of that was picked by me. I draw the line at the jocks when she wants the boys not the girls. When she shops she buys in the boys section at her choice. I used to always buy her girls clothes till mid way through last year and that is when i let her pick. If i buy her girls things they get shoved in her sisters draws. Pink girls clothes are a "nothing left in my cupboard all my clothes are in teh wash" situation

NOTHING WRONG WITH IT
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 27th 2010, 5:45 am

i have to agree!!!!!! shes BLOODY 3 n even if she wasnt WHO CARES!
MY GOD i dress like a boy sometimes! what does it matters...i even wear brians clothes LMAO! yes out in public i dont care as long as im comfy what does it matteR?

Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   January 27th 2010, 12:15 pm

that is my point chels. As long as the person is happy who cares!!!

Cait is mistaken for a boy ALL the time and i dont just mean one or two stranger here and there i mean EVERYONE even FAMILY has done it when we have had a quick glance at her from a small distance. NOTHING WRONG WITH IT they need to get over it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy   

Back to top Go down

Experts weigh in on why Shiloh dresses like a boy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1