4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 11th 2010, 3:56 pm

Outcry as girl, 4, thrown off school bus over ticket malfunction

A four-year-old Tasmanian girl was left distraught when she was thrown off a bus and told to walk by herself to school.

Tiarnah Fahey of Gagebrook was thrown off a Metro bus at 8.24am yesterday because her free school bus pass or Greencard didn't work, The Mercury reports.

Her family says the female bus driver told the prep student that she had to walk to school up a hill and across busy double lanes of the East Derwent Highway until she could get her Greencard working.

Her quick-thinking sister Chloe, 13, jumped off the bus to save Tiarnah from being abandoned alone to walk to school. The bus then drove off, leaving the girl in tears.

The incident left Tiarnah's mum, Jane Watts, furious.

Ms Watts said Greencards were provided to all her eight children as part of the Government's free school bus travel policy for social-welfare recipients and that Tiarnah's card being out of action had nothing to do with her, or the family's, finances.

She said it must have been malfunctioning when placed on the bus-pass validation machine.

"How could anybody, let alone a bus driver who has a duty of care towards these school kids, abandon a little four-year-old by the road and expect her to walk 20 minutes to school?" Ms Watts said.

"I'm angry, really angry. She's only four and all she wants to do is to go to school."

Tiarnah finally arrived at Herdsmans Cove Primary with the help of Chloe, who then had to walk for another hour to Bridgewater High.

Ms Watts said she had immediately called the Government-owned Metro company, after talking about the incident with Tiarnah's teachers.

Metro chief executive Heather Haselgrove was not available for comment yesterday.

However, the company has agreed to immediately send Tiarnah a new school bus pass.

A public relations company hired by Metro confirmed the bus company had received a complaint from Ms Watts, which it was taking seriously.

"We are reviewing CC-TV vision from the relevant bus and are investigating," public relations executive Nicholas Turner said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/outcry-as-girl-4-thrown-off-school-bus-over-ticket-malfunction/story-e6frfkvr-1225864949430
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 11th 2010, 3:58 pm

This is ***** disgusting, hubby and i both agree that the bus driver wouldnt be standing if it were our child. That is just so wrong leaving a young child, younger than kindy to walk to school, she wouldnt even know the way at that age properly, let alone cross a busy road, that busdriver should be sacked and charges laid, has she no shame?
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 11th 2010, 4:16 pm

Evil or Very Mad
That is just outrageous!!! (to say the least).
I think also the busdriver should be sacked & have charges laid against her!

Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 12:39 am

i cant believe this!! she should definately be fired. i know a little girl who is nearly 4 and there is no way she would be able to walk even to the shop around the corner on her own let alone to school. thank god her sister was n the bus or i dread to think about what might have happened.
Back to top Go down
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 2:35 am

OMG thats shocking that poor little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be furious too and I hope that bus driver is severly reprimanded over that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 2:51 am

it's disgusting! unbelievable! left me totally speechless
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 3:33 am

OMFG god help her is it was my child she wouldnt beable to run fast enough or hide good enough
Back to top Go down
mummaof3andahalf
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 4:19 am

she needs to be sacked! is it really that hard to just let the four year old ride to school and sort it out later? pfft
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 4:48 am

omg that's disgusting! she's 4 ffs!
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 5:19 am

seth_an_tylers_mum wrote:
OMFG god help her is it was my child she wouldnt beable to run fast enough or hide good enough

yeh fully agree Shell, it is just good that the little girl is safe, and i agree surely she could of let her be on the bus to school, and then let the teachers know.

Surely as we have to not leave kids alone until they are at least 13 i think the age is, then she should be charged wtih something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 6:27 am

That is just disgusting, i hope that someone pays dearly for that...... what a cow!!! how non- compassionate can 1 be??
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 6:31 am

yeh i agree she has a duty of care should could of at least taken the girl to school and done something to fix the card or simply make a phone call to the parents to let them know what was happening
Back to top Go down
Lisa Jade
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 6:57 am

OMG that is so wrong :-s Id be sooo angry if that happend to my kids
Back to top Go down
Tallis&LanesMummy
Dedicated Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 12th 2010, 7:53 am

i'm sure they will have to sack her over this! that is just totally outrageous! if that were me i would NOT let my child back on the bus with that b*&$h of a driver! every parent should say NO to letting their kids on the bus with his woman!
Back to top Go down
http://ktlkbodyjewelry.com
miss fiona
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 17th 2010, 9:19 am

my daughter is 4 yrs old and there's no way on earth I'd let her walk any further than to the next door neighbors house on her own. If that had happened to my kid I would've been waiting the next day at the bus stop and asked the kids if the driver was the same and then I'd drag her off the bus and kick her head in. Thumbs up to the sister for helping her little sister. I hope that ***** gets sacked
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 17th 2010, 12:04 pm

WTF!!!! I wouldnt even let my almost 7 yr old walk let alone a 4 yr old!!!!!! THATS DISGUSTING!!!

Back to top Go down
~*sharon~*
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   May 18th 2010, 4:30 am

Lucky her sister was there or who knows what could have happened to her bus driver needs to be sacked if she hasn't been already

PostSubject: Re: 4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk   

Back to top Go down

4 YO kicked off school bus told to walk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1