Share | 

Facebook gossip upset dead boys family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Facebook gossip upset dead boys family   June 3rd 2010, 8:45 am

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1063469/facebook-gossip-upsets-dead-boys-family

Quote :
A grandfather of two boys killed by a gas leak in Victoria says his family has been devastated by Facebook and media speculation the sons were murdered by their mother.

Vanessa Robinson, 29, was arrested after her seven- and nine-year-old sons Tyler and Chase Robinson were found dead in their Mooroopna home on Sunday night.

She was on Wednesday ruled out as a suspect in the deaths by police after tests on a leaky gas heater in the home.

Charlie Robinson, the boys' paternal grandfather, said media reports "jumped to conclusions" about what had happened in the northern Victorian town, near Shepparton.

"I haven't spoken to Vanessa at all at this stage but my son (Scott) was absolutely devastated by some of the things that were being said," he told Fairfax Radio Network on Thursday.

"Something was opened up on Facebook that said things about Vanessa ... I'm computer illiterate and haven't been able to look at anything like that but (Scott) was devastated at some of the things being said on that.

"I wish that anyone else that has one of these tragic things happen in their life don't have to suffer what Vanessa's mum and dad and obviously our family's going through at the moment.

"I'm a bit old and I come from a time when it was only the radio and the paper ... this sort of thing wasn't in the community with all these different computer things, people are just open to judgment on anything that's said nowadays."

Mr Robinson said the family was also upset about what he said were inaccurate suggestions that the separation of his son and the children's mother was a bad one.

"In one paper it said the divorce was not great and nasty; as far as I knew that wasn't the case," he said.

"Vanessa and Scott were separated but they were never enemies of each other."

A neighbour, Terry O'Gorman, said the couple were not in a "battle with one another" but he feared speculation and gossip would persist in the town.

"In 12 months time it will still go on, some people will remember the thing and say: that's the girl that murdered her two boys," he told ABC Radio.
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Facebook gossip upset dead boys family   June 3rd 2010, 9:16 am

the media have alot to answer for sometimes, they take some things and really distort the truth so that it just sells their paper or their timeslot, they dont think to look at the effect for the families on either side of such things. Nor do they usually apologise. How sad that they died from the gas poisioning if that was the case (first time i have seen the article was today as i try to stay away from the media's doom/gloom stuff)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Facebook gossip upset dead boys family   June 3rd 2010, 9:17 am

it's sad that people will always just to the wrong conclusion.

I mean these families are in pain... regardless, so people should keep there nasty comments to themselves and keep to the facts.
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Facebook gossip upset dead boys family   June 3rd 2010, 3:32 pm

I think this whole story is really really sad Sad Sad Sad

People are so soooo quick to jump to the wrong conclusion, like Mat said above.

Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Facebook gossip upset dead boys family   June 3rd 2010, 5:08 pm

i find it is so sad. Those poor boys lost their lives, the families involved have lost two awesome and adorable little people and the media have created a lot more pain for them. Huge hugs to the family Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook gossip upset dead boys family   

Back to top Go down

Facebook gossip upset dead boys family
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1