Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 7:41 am

A BRITISH grandmother spoke of her guilt after she escaped from her burning home with the family dogs - but forgot to rescue her grandchild.

Mandy Hands and her son Ashley, 16, woke early on Monday to find their home on fire and quickly made their escape with the dogs, The Coventry Telegraph reported.

Both forgot that Ms Hands' 11-year-old grandson, Curtis, was asleep in the spare bedroom.

The boy was later rescued by firefighters and all three were treated in hospital after inhaling toxic smoke fumes.

Ms Hands, 45, of Coventry, southern England, said: "I can’t get over the fact I left my grandson in bed.

"He’s visiting from Portsmouth and I was panicking so much trying to get everyone out that I forgot he was here. I never even checked on him.

"It was only when we were outside and someone said, ‘Is there anyone else in there?’ that I remembered him, but no one could get back in.

"I stood outside shouting up at the bedroom window and that was when the fire engines arrived."

It is believed a faulty toaster used by Ms Hands’ husband before he went to work that caused the blaze.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/british-woman-saves-dogs-from-burning-home-but-forgets-her-grandchild/story-e6frg12c-1225877291529
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 7:41 am

well i dont think she is going to get the babysitting gig anymore...., lucky the boy got out
Back to top Go down
FunSizedMummy
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 8:21 am

omg, that is shocking! i hope no one ever gets her to babysit again!!
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 9:22 am

i feel so bad for the kid but on the same part if she doesnt normally have him then in a time of panic she could of easily had it slip her mind. I think it could happen to anyone. So sad though and lucky he did get out.
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 10:01 am

this is scary, i'm soo glad the kid got out coz this lady would have felt even more guilty
Back to top Go down
~*sharon~*
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 11:24 am

Glad the boy is ok

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 9th 2010, 12:27 pm

How scary! Thank goodness that the boy is ok!!

Awesome Member
Awesome Member

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   June 10th 2010, 12:13 pm

Thank god the boy is ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild   

Back to top Go down

British woman saves dogs from burning home - but forgets her grandchild
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1