Share | 

Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 18th 2010, 6:14 am

A baby girl died after her mother stuffed pages from the Bible into her mouth and sat on her, a UK court has heard.

Julia Lovemore, from Cambridge in eastern England, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of her six-week-old daughter Faith on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Cambridge Crown Court heard Lovemore, a Christian fundamentalist who is also bi-polar, had been in a "florid state of psychoses" when she killed her daughter.

In a statement Lovemore gave to police, she told them she did not fully understand what she was doing at the time of the death in June last year.

"I sat in my bedroom and I was ripping pages out of my Bible. I put some small bits of paper in Faith's mouth and she spat them out," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.

"For some reason I sat on her, I was crying. I was bouncing on the bed. I don't know why I was sitting on her. I got bi-polar."

A health worker and a psychiatric nurse had visited Lovemore's home at the time Faith was believed to have been dying.

The pair had made the house call after becoming concerned about Lovemore's husband David, who is also mentally ill.

When they arrived they heard Mr Lovemore praying and shouting, "Take the devil out of Julia".

But they left soon after without seeing Faith, fearing that they were making Mr Lovemore even more agitated by their presence.

Later that day, Mr Lovemore turned up at his GP's office carrying his dead daughter's body.

The court heard that a protection order had been placed on the couple's older daughter in 2006 after she was hit with a hairbrush.

The mother has been detained indefinitely under the mental health act.
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 18th 2010, 7:50 am

omg Sad that poor innocent child! Question though! If you needed a protection order for your eldest child why on earth would you have more with the same woman? i certainly wouldnt!

Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 18th 2010, 8:33 am

that is so sad and chels ur right, why was another born to the same person
Back to top Go down
FunSizedMummy
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 18th 2010, 10:03 am

it did say he had mental issues too, maybe that is why he did, but the surely if that was the case they would have taken the baby out of her custody... i just dont get it! poor little baby.
Back to top Go down
mummaof3andahalf
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 18th 2010, 11:35 am

that poor little baby the govenment should have taken that baby to after the first was taken away seriously!! that poor poor baby
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 18th 2010, 1:20 pm

a case of child protection yet again getting it wrong. A child health person VISITED at the time without seeing the baby FFS they should of checked on it rather then leaving
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 19th 2010, 3:39 am

Seriously my 6 yr old could do a better job at sensing danger to a child or anyone then what some of those health care workers could do!

Back to top Go down
aprileviesmum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 19th 2010, 4:13 am

Poor lil Baby. RIP.
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   June 19th 2010, 12:56 pm

sad, i agree you would think it would be a definiate must, even if it is just to check the sleeping arrangements for the bub and to make sure no unnecessary abuse. Unfortunately anyone can make a baby, and due to that reason they usually allow anyone to look after them too. Very sad, and a shame family of the parents werent looking out for them, epecially if she was diagnosed bi polar. As PND would definately be a higher possibility too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth   

Back to top Go down

Killer mum stuffed Bible in baby's mouth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1