Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

2 women attacked in toowoomba yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

PostSubject: 2 women attacked in toowoomba yesterday   August 6th 2010, 10:20 am

Women bashed in CBD

John Farmer | 6th August 2010

TWO women were attacked in broad daylight in a violent day on Toowoomba's streets yesterday.

Constable Matt Reichstein and Senior Constable Stephen Bate locate the elderly woman’s handbag.
Dave Noonan

TWO women were attacked in broad daylight in a violent day on Toowoomba's streets yesterday.

An elderly woman suffered a suspected fractured hip and cut hand when knocked to the ground and mugged by two teenagers in the car park of the Toowoomba City Library.

The men fled down Victoria Street and through the car park across from Toowoomba City Bowls Club, leaving the woman's handbag behind.

When police located it, the woman's purse and car keys were gone.

The woman's purse was found shortly after about 20 metres from where the bag was dropped.

About $300 in cash was missing.

The teenagers are described as caucasian, aged between 14 and 16, one with black curly hair and the other wearing a baseball cap.

Earlier in the day, about 2pm, a woman was violently attacked in Neil Street by a man.

The offender, thought to be in his early 20s, was chased from the scene by Toowoomba man Jason Gibbs, who stopped to assist as he drove past.

“By the time I got out of the car the guy was on top of her violently pushing her head into the cement footpath,” the good samaritan told The Chronicle.

“I was going to stop him but he got up before I got close and ran down the street,” he said.

“I gave chase but he had a pretty good head start.”

Police are investigating.
Back to top Go down

2 women attacked in toowoomba yesterday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1